Monday, October 24, 2005

Hurrah! More excitement

Today, my yarn for Rogue arrived from Knitpixie. 7 skeins (1 extra in case I run out) of Bartlett's Glen Tweed 2-ply in Lovat as shown here:


In addition, to that, however, was a skein of Blue Sky's Cotton in Honeydew. It's so soft I keep stroking it and holding it against my cheek. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I think it's even yummier than Calmer (shocking, I know). The cotton will be saved for Branching Out from Knitty.


But rest assured, the Ravenclaw socks are coming- or is coming, since I'm only working on one at the moment- along slowly but surely. I'm finding fingering weight yarn and US1 DPN's a pain in the bum. The size 1 DPN's feel like toothpicks, and I'm constantly afraid I'm going to snap one, which I suppose really wouldn't be such a big deal, but it's still somewhat nerve-wracking.



Apologies for the quality of posting, I was hyper (for whatever reason) last night and didn't get to sleep until late, so I'm exhausted today. Blah.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Hi, I'm trying to decide what I want to use for my Rogue. I really like the looks of what you've chosen. I looking for a tweedy wool that I don't have to rob the bank for. How *soft* ie: non-itchy, is it? How is it holding up for cable definition?

TIA

chezhdtransplant@yahoo.com

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home